Heavy tongue fat when towing a trailer sometimes leads to sagging of the tow vehicle’s rear end. This contributes to inadequate handling. Weight distribution hitches eliminate this type of problem. The weight distribution hitch equalizes the tongue weight by placing the trailer’s weight equally on all four corners. The correct hitch ball height ought to be achieved for the best Weight Distribution Hitch for you to function effectively.
1. The trailer to be towed ought to be packed on level ground. Remove the trailer hitch from the automobile that is to tow. The trailer ought to be leveled by transferring the trailer tongue jack to the needed direction. The bubble found on the side degree of this trailer should be just at the middle of the two lines.
2. On the tow vehicle’s rear end, insert the hitch draw bar to the receiver hitch ensuring it’s correctly done. Add a hitch pin into a hole on the lure side bar to be sure that the bar is procured. Use a locking pin to fasten it. The measurement taken ought to be greater than the one from the trailer coupler. For each 100 lb. Trailer tongue weight, the dimensions should transcend by 1/8 inches. By way of example, for 800 lb. Trailer tongue weight, there should be an inch greater of hitch ball height compared to the trailer hitch ball coupler.
3. Use a racket wrench and a socket to remove the hitch shank’s two holding bolts. On the draw bar’s two vertical mounting holes which are closest, slide the shank. This will set the hitch ball shirt at the previously determined target elevation.
4. Following this the retaining bolts must be put back to the mounting holes. Tighten the nuts only finger tight. Gently tilt the hitch head forward. Onto the shank pin which accompanies the hitch, place two washers attentively. Next, on peak of the shank is an unthreaded hole where you must insert the trap.
5. Make sure that the hitch head rests against the trap by leaning it.
Tow your trailer into a commercial scale to have it weighed in case you do not know its tongue . The weight distribution hitch will be sure to have all of the weight equally distributed. Additionally, it will help stop trailer sway to some point.