Braid hairstyles are cute and sexy, and are fast becoming a trendy trend for celebrities like Jessica Alba and non-celebrities as well. From side braids and classic French braids, there are many black braided hairstyles that look awesome and are easy to do.
1 . The two-strand twist. Unlike dreadlocks, the two-strand twist is easier, simpler and sleeker, and can be maintained for as much as a few weeks. The trick to keep this style from looking dirty and matted is to remember that the smaller the twist, often the longer it will last. Also, if you use hair products including pomade or cream, make sure you don’t use any slippery, acrylic products, as this will make the hair look slick and unclean.
2 . Box braids. This type of braid involves the use of hair extensions and is quite popular with the African American community, as well as many other women of all ages. It is also one of the most long-lasting of braid hairstyles, but it might also take a lot of time to do. If you don’t already have a hair-stylist, find one near you that specializes in Box braids.
3. Braids to get short hair. Providing you don’t have extremely short hair like a pixie lower, you can do braids in your hair for a cute hairstyle. One of the popular of short hair braids is the horizontal braid. That style features plating the hair from ear to head, across your head, instead of down the back or side. Apaisado braids are flirty and fun and perfect if you have a chin-length bob.
4. Classic French braids. For medium sized and long hair, French braids are a classic and chic hairstyle to try. It can be hard to do at first, but once you find the hang of it, you’ll be plaiting your hair in no time.
5. Herringbone braid. This braid is ideal for long locks and is a classy and beautiful style that can be worn for everyday work with or for special occasions. It’s a bit more complicated than the German braid, but is easily picked up by most women and can be done in just a few minutes once you get the hang of it.
6. Edge braids. Perfect for both long and medium hair program plans, side braids are a fun way to mix up the braided look. You can even do side braids if you have coatings, though it’s easier if the layers are near the chin or long layers in the back.
7. English braids. This style starts at the nape of the neck in addition to begins much like a French braid. Start at the nape, different into three sections and begin plaiting.
8. Heidi braids. Heidi braids are made when two braids are intersected at the nape and brought around the head. These are fun and flirty, and more ideal for longer locks.
Bonus 1 . String braids. These pleats are made by dividing your hair in two sections at the nape of the neck, then twirl both sections clockwise (individually); once a few inches connected with hair is twisted, place the right section of hair in the left and twist in the opposite direction. It might appear to be complicated, but it’s pretty easy and looks very different by traditional braids.